This is our all new aluminum radiator for the 55 – 56 Chevy’s for the 6 cylinder mounting position. Please see our part number 1427 for the V8 mounting position and part number 1426 for 1957 Chevy’s with 6 cylinder mounting. It looks great and cool greats while giving your ride style
– Die formed tanks to give your ride a classic look while providing modern cooling technology
– All aluminum construction with a heavy duty 2-row core with 1.0" tubes (not a 3-row gimmick making outrageous 1000HP cooling claims). Beware of gimmick 2-rows with 1 row of 1.0" tubes and a second row of 1/2" tubes! MOST other 2-rows on Ebay are only 2-rows of 3/4" tubes, not 2-rows of 1.0" tubes!
– Brackets are slotted and require no drilling, unlike the cheap radiators that require you to drill your own mounting holes.
– Billet CNC machined filler neck. A new cap is included. You will find most if not all other 55 – 57 Chevy radiators on Ebay have a cheap stamped filler neck that is prone to breaking.
– Fully TIG welded construction with no epoxy.
– Upper hose connection is 1-1/2, lower is 1-3/4.
– Heavy duty plate transmission cooler, not a cheap round cenctric cooler. Your 55 – 57 Chevy needs a heavy duty transmission cooler, due to the weight of these cars.
– NOTE: This will not fit 1957 cars that have the upper hose connection offset towards the drivers side.
Questions? Call Frank our Tri-5 55-57 Chevy Expert (773)599-3067